That being said, I am working on changing, and I am using this blog to hold myself accountable. I want to sell more and when I do shop I want it to be for quality items that will get worn. If something is languishing away unworn in my real closet- chances are- I will soon be listing it in my Poshmark closet (link above) or I will re sell it on eBay.
This month I did much better than last month. In fact this month I actually made money. I also was able to go into Target and Old Navy and I did not shop! I'm pretty pleased to report this months spending. I've also updated my format to now show the items I bought with the prices I paid, plus shipping costs. This way I will have visuals of the items to help remember them and to see if they actually get worn. Here are the images.
1. Charley Merino Sweater in Grey: Normally $69.50, paid $21
2. Plaid Boy Shirt: Normally $88, paid $32
3. Navy Skimmer Pants: Normally $59.50, paid $24 UPDATE: RETURNED= +19 back to budget (after return shipping)
4. Factory Classic Printed Cotton Button Down Shirt: Normally $64.50, paid $12
5. Cafe Capris: Normally $89.50, paid $30
6. Pear Bracelet : $70, paid $12.50
7. Pack Green Tippi Sweater: $79.50, paid $22.50
8. Tortoise Cece Ballet flats on Posh: $138, paid $30
9. Multistripe Popover in Azalea Guava : $78, paid $22
If I paid retail prices for these items I would have spent $736.50 and instead I spent only $194. And since I actually made money this month I'm not feeling too bad about spending. I need to work to not BUY anything, but I'm taking baby steps here.
This month on Posh I made a total of $319, so subtract my $194 that I spent and I actually made $125 this month!
I'm also linking up with one of my favorite blogger role models this month, so here is her button/link for you to investigate the lady who came up with the budgeting blogger idea first.
Coming up next: I am planning to work on a post detailing a comparison (and a review) on my favorite pants the Café Capris (retail- shown bottom left above) and the Skimmer pants from Factory (top right).